The Bikeability scheme have reached 2 million trained cyclists.
Do you want to be part of this forever growing training scheme?
Bikeability is the Cycling Proficiency Test for the 21st century, designed to give the next generation of children the skills and confidence to ride their bikes safely on today’s roads. In order to achieve their Bikeability award, children will be instructed on how to ride their bikes to the Government-approved National Standards for Cycle Training, which sets out the training and skills essential for confident and safe cycling on the UK’s roads. The standard has been developed by over 20 organisations, and is maintained by the professional body for cycle training, the Cycle Trading Standards Board.
Training for Year 5 pupils and above.
We offer Bikeability level 1 and level 2:
Level 1 gives you the skills to ride your bike with excellent control. This will prepare you for cycling on the road. Upon completion of level one you will be able to:
- prepare yourself and your bike
- Get on and off without help
- Start off, pedal and stop with control
- Pedal along, use gears and avoid objects
- Look around and behind and control the bike
- Share space with pedestrians and other cyclists
Level 2 teaches you to cycle on single-lane roads and use junctions. At level 2 you will be able to:
- Prepare for on-road cycling
- Start and finish an on-road journey
- Recognise typical hazards
- Let other know what you are about to do
- Know where to ride on the road
- Pass parked vehicles and side roads
How can you get involved?
To get your child on the Bikeability training scheme, please talk to their school for upcoming training dates.
To book your school in for Bikeability delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org