Fleetwood Town Community Trust is continuing its work in the community to support those in need during the coronavirus crisis.
The outbreak and introduction of social distancing measures has led to the suspension of physical delivery in schools and community settings for the foreseeable future. While we plan to resume these activities when it is safe to do so, it is expected it will be some time before this is possible.
The Community Trust’s mission is to use the power of sport and appeal of Fleetwood Town FC to improve and enhance the lives of people living in Wyre and the surrounding areas.
We remain wholly committed to achieving this mission and believe in these tough times our responsibility to the community – and in particular those in most need – is greater than ever.
What have we been doing?
Our focus has been to provide services that support our participants, the Fleetwood Town FC family and the communities we serve who have been impacted by this crisis. This includes:
- The Trust joined forces with the Football Club to provide vulnerable people and socially isolated across the community with essential supplies and a hot meal, straight to their door. This ceased upon the kitchen having to shut due to Government restrictions.
- Assisting Primary Schools to deliver free school meal parcels to homes.
- Creating schools resources to support home learning for children and families with free home learning packs for KS1 and KS2 pupils.
- Sports College students on the Post-16 BTEC programme are currently working in a distant-learning capacity.
- Creating free online resources to encourage people of all ages to stay active at home to maintain physical health and support mental wellbeing.
- Keeping participants connected through video and telephone calls with a particular focus on those at risk of social isolation.
- Using our communication channels to share public messaging to help keep our communities safe and support a local response.
Matt Hilton, Chief Executive at the Community Trust said: “We remain committed to supporting our communities. We’re working closely with partners to support a local response and our team will continue to adapt and innovate to support those who need us most.”
The Trust will provide further updates on its social media platforms regarding its programmes in accordance with the rapidly changing COVID-19 landscape.
Please keep safe, stay positive and continue to follow NHS and Government advice.